Mozilla Firefox Update
Mozilla Firefox Update | Download Latest Version
Mozilla Firefox is a popular Web browser available on a variety of platforms. Its code DNA reaches back to the dawn of the World Wide Web. Firefox has shaped other software and software companies, including. Mozilla Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. Firefox includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls. A streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser. A number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online.
From Firefox Menus
- Select the “Menu” button in the upper-right corner, then choose “Options“.
- Select “General” on the left pane.
- Scroll down to the “Firefox Updates” section.
- Select one of the following options as desired:
a) Automatically install updates
b) Check for updates, but let me choose whether to install them
c) Never check for updates
d) Check or unchecked the “Use a background service to install updates” option as desired.
From about:config Menu
- Type “about:config” in the address bar, then press “Enter“.
- Search for the “app.update.auto” setting.
- Double-click the “app.update.auto” option to toggle the setting. If set to “true“, automatic updates are enabled. If set to “false“, automatic updates are disabled.
Via prefs.js file
- Close Firefox.
- Navigate to the following location based on your operating system.
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 – “%APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox“
- Unix/Linux – “~/.mozilla/“
- Mac OS X – “~/Library/Mozilla/” or “~/Library/Application Support/“
- Open the “Profiles” folder.
- Open the folder that represents the profile you would like to edit. The name of the folder will vary. It is usually a bunch of characters, followed by “.default”.
- Open the prefs.js file with a text editor like Notepad.
- Look for a line that contains app.update.enabled. If it doesn’t exist, add a line for it in the file and set it as desired using these examples:
a) user_pref(“app.update.enabled”, true); = Automatic updates enabled
b) user_pref(“app.update.enabled”, false); = Automatic updates disabled