How to Block and Unblock Internet Sites with Firefox?
Users reported certain issues with Firefox on Windows 10 in file explorer. When users update and download new updated version of Firefox then users face this problem that How to Block and Unblock Internet Sites with Firefox? This can be a big problem for Firefox. So if you use Firefox as your default browser and you face this problem then.
Follow these steps:
- Open Firefox. Its app icon resembles a blue globe with an orange fox on it.
- Go to the Block Site installation page. Block Site is a clean site-blocking add-on for your Firefox browser.
3. Click Add to Firefox. It’s a green button near the top of the page.
4. Click Add when prompted. You’ll see this on the upper-left side of the page.
5. Click OK. Doing so will install Block Site in your Firefox browser.
6. Click ☰. It’s in the top-right corner of the Firefox window. A drop-down menu will appear.
7.Click Add-ons. You’ll find this option near the middle of the drop-down menu. Your Firefox add-ons’ page will open.
8.Find the Block Site icon. It resembles a chain link and a red “restricted” sign. You may have to scroll down to find this.
9.Click Options. It’s to the right of the Block Site icon.
- On Mac, click Preferences instead.
Scroll down and click the “Add domains manually to block list” field. This text field is near the bottom of the page.
11.Enter a website’s address. Type in a website’s address, making sure to include the “www.” and “.com” (or “.org”, or whatever the site’s tag is) parts of the website’s address.
- For example: to block Facebook, you would type in www.facebook.com
- Click +. It’s to the right of the text field. Doing so immediately adds the website and all of its associated pages to the block list.
- Repeat this process for other sites that you want to block.
Unblock sites on Block Site’s list. If you decide that you want to unblock a previously blocked site, do the following:
- Click ☰
- Click Add-ons
- Find Block Site.
- Click Options or Preferences
- Scroll down to your list of blocked sites and find the site that you want to unblock.
- Click X to the right of the site.
- Try to access a recently unblocked site. Click the address bar at the top of the Firefox window to select its contents, then type in the address of the website that you just unblocked and press ↵ You should now be able to open the site.
- If you can’t access the site, you may need to close and re-open Firefox.