If you select Never Remember History in Firefox Options from the first drop-down within the History section of the Browser Privacy page, it may seem like the right thing to do but you may not understand the impact of this change. When Firefox is set to never remember history, Private Browsing mode is enabled. As a result, when trying to view your Pocket list, you’ll be prompted to log in to the site and no cookies will be saved.
To fix this issue and enable Firefox to save cookies for Pocket:
- Click the menu button and select Options.
- Click Privacy & Security from the left menu.
- The Browser Privacy page displays.
- Select Use Custom settings for history from the first drop-down within the History section.
- Deselect the Always use private browsing mode checkbox if it is selected.
- A pop-up dialog displays, prompting you to restart Firefox.
- Click the Restart Firefox now button.
- Firefox closes and reopens.
- Go back to the Options Privacy & Security Browser Privacy page.
- Click the Manage Permissions… button in the Cookies and Site Data section.
- The Exceptions – Cookie and Site Data pop-up dialog displays.
- Enter https://getpocket.com in the Address of website field.
- Click the Allow button.
- https://getpocket.com is added below to the Website column and Allow is added to the Status column.
Save to Pocket again after completing the steps above. A prompt will display asking you to log in one more time.