Click Advanced… on the error page to view the error code. One of the following error codes will indicate that the secure connection couldn’t be established due to a time-related error:
The text on the error page will warn you when Firefox detects that your system date and time is probably wrong and will also show the date and time currently set in your system. If the clock settings are incorrect you should set it to the right time as explained below. Even if the displayed time settings seem to be correct, you should make sure that the time zone settings of your system match your current location.
Set your system clock to the correct time
Time-related errors on secure websites caused by a skewed system clock can be resolved by setting your correct date, time and time zone. Change your date and time settings from the clock on the Windows taskbar or follow these instructions:
- Click the Windows Start button or press the Windows key .
- In the Start Menu, click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click on Clock, Language, and Region and then Date and Time.
- The panel that opens shows the current date and time settings. To change your settings click the Change date and time or Change time zone button.
- To confirm your changes click OK.
Note: If the clock on your device constantly resets after you power it off, this might indicate that the battery cell that runs the real-time clock is getting low or is empty. Please consult your manufacturer’s manual on how to replace the CMOS battery.