Fix Mozilla Firefox Bookmarks and History cannot be accessed:
Mozilla Firefox is a very popular email program that is loaded with the latest features and is recognized for exceptional functionalityMozilla Firefox update version time to time for users best experience if you have update Firefox in 2018 and you face this No bookmarks or history effective in Firefox error and also you want to solve these Fix Mozilla Firefox Bookmarks & History cannot be accessed problem then.
Follow these steps to solve Fix Mozilla Firefox Bookmarks & History:
Solution 1: Restart your computer:
The most common causes of this error are another program using the file or a problem with the file that was caused when the computer was shut off unexpectedly (like a power failure). The good news is that most of the time, simply restarting your computer and then restarting Firefox is the fix for both problems.
Solution 2: Create a new places database:
If restarting your computer doesn’t take care of things, you can fix this by having Firefox create a new places database for you. Don’t worry; it’s not as hard as it sounds like No bookmarks or history effective in Firefox error
Open your profile folder:
- Click the menu button Fx57 menu, click Help and select Troubleshooting Information. The Troubleshooting Information tab will open.
- Under the Application Basics section, click on Open Folder. Your profile folder will open.
Part 2 – Create the database
- Click the Firefox menu Fx57Menu, then click Exit.
- Wait until Firefox has completely quit.
- In the Firefox profile folder, find and rename the places.SQLite file. Also, rename the files places.sqlite-shm and places.sqlite-wal (if they exist).
- To rename a file, right-click on it and select Rename from the menu. Then add .old to the end of its name.
- Finally, reopen Firefox.
- When Firefox reopens, it will create a new places database. Your browsing history will be lost but Firefox will automatically import your bookmarks from the most recent backup file.
- If your bookmarks weren’t restored after creating a new places database,