How to Make Firefox your default browser:
If you have more than one web browser installed, any links that you click on will automatically open in your default browser. This article shows you how to make Firefox your default browser.
- Click the menu button and select .
- In the panel, click .
3. Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you’ve made will automatically be saved.
Setting Firefox as the default browser does not work – What to do
Symptoms of this problem can include:
- Firefox reports that it is not the default browser when you check using the Firefox options window.
- Firefox prompts you to set Firefox as the default browser each time it starts.
- Firefox does not open after clicking on links in other programs.
Using your operating system
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click on the Windows logo to open the Start menu, then select Control Panel. The Control Panel window will open.
- Click on the link labeled Programs. The Programs panel will open.
3. Click on the link labeled Set your default programs. The Set your default programs panel will open.
4. In the Programs list on the left side of the window, click Firefox.
5. In the right side of the window, click Set this program as default.